Łukasiewicz – PIT is among the Laureates of the 7th Edition of the Polish Intelligent Development Award 2022.
The competition jury awarded the project: “Development of environmentally friendly technology of freezing products of animal origin“.
R&D works are carried out at the Agricultural and Food Technology Center – PIT under the supervision of Agata Bieńczak, PhD.
The subject of the project is to develop an innovative freezing technology with the following functionalities:
- reducing the amount of refrigerant in the installation,
- use of a refrigerant with a low GWP coefficient,
- use of a coolant that is not aggressive to the personnel and the processed product,
- reducing the operating pressure in the freezer plates,
- reduction of the failure rate of the installation due to the use of a liquid coolant (in the case of a refrigerant in a vapor state, the gas flows unnoticed into the atmosphere).
The awarded solution was developed under the project POIR.04.01.04-00-0028/19 entitled: “Development of an environmentally friendly technology of freezing products of animal origin”, co-financed by the National Center for Research and Development from the European Union Fund Intelligent Development, implemented by the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Poznań Institute of Technology (Project Leader) and Poznań University of Technology, TechCool Sp. z o.o., ProCOLD s.c. A. Stasik, M. Szymczak, Zakłady Mięsne Brado-2 S.A.
The awards gala will be held on June 7, 2022.
Read more about the project: Bezpieczniejsze chłodnictwo – Rzecz o Innowacjach