e-Pack Intelligent returnable packaging for e-commerce industry
Intelligent returnable packaging for the e-commerce industry (e-Pack)
Most important challenges
A comprehensive solution for intelligent return packaging in cooperation with three institutes of the Łukasiewicz Research Network – the Institute of Logistics and Warehousing (Łukasiewicz – ILiM), the Institute of Electronic Materials Technology (Łukasiewicz – ITEM) and the Institute of Biopolymers and Chemical Fibres (Łukasiewicz – IBWCh).
- reduction of delivery costs through multiple use of the same packaging,
- maximisation of recycled materials,
- reduction of carbon footprint in logistic processes,
- access to detailed information on the shipment,
- reducing the time of filling in unnecessary documents,
- access to detailed information, e.g. the level of shocks or drops of a shipment,
- better use of cargo space.
The project is primarily aimed at the e-commerce sector operating in an omnichannel model. The aim is to create packaging with reusable functions inspired by Physical Internet solutions. It is aimed at supporting logistic processes in the B2C area, as well as the protection of the environment by reducing the carbon footprint and minimising waste. Costs can be reduced by the resignation from logistics labels in favour of the e-Pack, which will include all necessary information.
CO-FINANCED FROM THE STATE BUDGET
TARGET SUBSIDY FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE ŁUKASIEWICZ CENTRE
“Intelligent returnable packaging for the e-commerce industry” (e-Pack)