“Testing, simulation and development of new large-scale dispatch and distribution processes considering the practical use of passive RFID technologies in dense environments”
The project worth PLN 9,115,713.10, including PLN 6,129,325.27 co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund under the Smart Growth Operational Programme. The project is implemented under the competition of the National Centre for Research and Development: Application projects. Measure 4.1.4
Most important challenges
The main challenge of the project is to significantly improve the services offered by Poczta Polska S.A. thanks to the application of modern techniques of contactless passive radio identification in the conditions of execution of large-scale dispatching and distribution processes within an extended distribution network of the company.
- New dispatching and distribution processes applied on a pilot basis in the postal distribution network and taking into account the use of specific RFID techniques.
- Process analysis, modelling and development and simulation of new logistic processes implemented for different levels of packaging hierarchy
- Comparative studies of selected RFID solutions under laboratory and field conditions as well as testing the effectiveness of identification processes in multiple systems under static and dynamic location change conditions in dense environments.
- A prototype of a dispersed distribution network using selected RFID technical solutions.
- Multi-criteria testing of the operational efficiency of both technical components of the system and new operational processes.
- Significant improvement/upgrade of the company’s courier services, especially in the area of pallet and parcel logistics, which is of key importance to the company. given the dynamic growth of the e-commerce market.
- Significantly improved dispatching and distribution processes, including the use of new RFID technology solutions.
- Consortium members’ know-how in the field of selection and implementation of specific identification solutions applied to selected logistic units.