Project no. POIR.04.01.04-00-0067/18 pt.: “Press and baler-wrapper for harvesting roughage into cylindrical bales with
a system for monitoring and influencing the process of their creation”.
Agreement no.: POIR.04.01.04-00-0067/18-00
Project implementation time: 01.12.2018 – 28.02.2022
The project is co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund under the Intelligent Development Operational Program. Project implemented as part of the National Center for Research and Development competition: Application projects.
Project value: 4 516 160.00 PLN
Co-financing amount: 3 390 135.00 PLN
- Łukasiewicz Research Network — Poznań Institute of Technology (Project Leader)
- Metal-Fach Sp. z o.o.
The project concerns development, used in their production, the roll baler and baler wrapper combination, equipped with systems enabling monitoring the process of bale formation and influencing its course, so as to improve the quality of obtained silage and increase the efficiency and ergonomics of the machine.
The designed machines will be equipped with:
- a system that regulates the dosing of silage additives;
- optical sensors enabling the operator to efficiently guide over the swath and adjust the working parameters of the press;
- a set of sensors monitoring the bale density in the chamber;
- a GPS system that determines the location of the machine in the field;
- electronic weighing system, which will allow to obtain bales of constant weight, regardless of the humidity of the collected plant mass.
The resulting machines used for harvesting crop material from swaths, which are the subject of the project, will be the first machines of this type equipped with a number of innovative design and functional solutions, in particular a combination of a round baler and a wrapping machine.
As a result of the project, we will obtain presses and baler-wrappers equipped with equipment and devices that enable monitoring of the process of creating bales and influencing this process in order to improve the quality, increase efficiency and ergonomics of work.
The result of the project will be innovative solutions increasing the functionality of press and baler-wrapper, which will have a positive impact on the environment.